The National Red Crescent Society of the Kyrgyz Republic started the pilot project aimed at harm reduction supported by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent. The point for exchange of syringes was opened on the basis of the anonymous office, in Chui oblast in the city of Kara – Balta.
– The project “Prevention of HIV/AIDS” was launched in the South of the Kyrgyz Republic (Osh, Batken and Jalal – Abad oblasts) with the financial support of the British Red Cross.
– The project “Prevention of HIV/AIDS” was launched in the North of the Kyrgyz Republic (Talas, Naryn, Issyk – Kul and Chui oblasts, as well as Bishkek city) with the financial support of the Dutch Red Cross.
Target groups – youth and military men.
The project “Let’s stop AIDS” was launched with the financial support of the Global Fund (Osh, Batken and Jalal – Abad oblasts).
Target group – youth
The projects were targeted to increase awareness and knowledge among vulnerable groups of the population about the problems of HIV/AIDS, STDs and drug addiction by means of training and carrying out of actions and activities.
Prevention of tuberculosis
The program was launched with the assistance of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent in October 2000, following working out of joint actions with the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The program implements the work of patronage nurses; their work is related to dealing with TB-patients, who receive treatment according to the DOTS strategy, as well as information and educational work with the population devoted to prevention of tuberculosis. The main objective of the organization is to increase the level of the population awareness about the nature of the disease.
The patronage nurses work as a link between TB-patients, members of their families and medical personnel of hospitals and polyclinics.
The overall objective of patronage nurses of the National Red Crescent Society of the Kyrgyz Republic is to render assistance to the public health services employees, sick people and the public in the struggle against dissemination of tuberculosis.
The “Prevention of TB” program of the British Red Cross
The project: The project is under implementation in Bishkek, Kara – Balta, Osh, Jalal – Abad oblast and Kara – Suu rayon.
The goal is improvement of health status of the vulnerable people by means of raising people’s awareness on the issues related to prevention of TB.
The objectives are:
Improvement of health of the people living in the Kyrgyz Republic with regard to TB as a result of improving knowledge and raising awareness on the issues related to TB prevention among the population.
Assuring home nursing of TB patients belonging to the target groups (control of treatment, social support in the form of a nutritious component).
The target group comprises:
1. Beneficiaries raising awareness and knowledge on tuberculosis issues
2. Organized and unorganized groups of people:
Schoolboys, pupils of secondary special educational institutions and students of high schools;
The population working in different organizations and small enterprises;
Marginal groups (open markets, flea markets, etc.)
2. TB patients related to the vulnerable groups of the population, inclined to interruption of treatment, treated within the framework of the DOTS – program, treated within the post-hospital stage of the 1.2 category, BK + (the poor, those who have many children, students of high schools, pensioners, disabled people, alcoholics, drug addicts, the homeless as well as former prisoners)
– TB patients and their families, relatives, neighbors.
– Publicity and educational work among the population (organized and unorganized people)
– New TB-cases finding
The patronage nurses of the program issue directions to all those, who were in touch with the TB patients for saline test.
After the sessions the patronage nurses of the program issue directions to all those, who have found out signs of TB among themselves for saline test.
3. Home nursing of TB patients
The patronage nurses of the programs co-operate with phthisiatricians of the anti – tubercular hospitals and they select type TB patients from target group under their home nursing. Then they visit them at home, get acquainted with the family of the patient and define his (her) status. If required, the patronage nurses visit a patient, support him (her) psychologically, developing him (her) adherence to a continuous treatment. They work in a family of the patient, tell about prevention of TB and speak about necessity of good food, healthy lifestyle, etc. The patronage nurses also work with neighbors of their patient (on such issues as stigma and discrimination).
4. Social support of the TB patients (foodstuff sets)
Foodstuff sets are provided to TB patients as encouragement after repeated delivery of saline for test, as well as encouragement for continuous treatment.
Composition of food package:
Macaroni – 2 kg
Buckwheat serials – 1 kg
Sugar – 1 kg
Dried milk – 1 kg
Vegetable oil – 1 liter
Tea – 1 package
Rice – 1 kg
5. Groups of support out of the former TB patients (volunteers)
Groups of support out of the former TB patients have been established. They have been trained under the DOTS program and on psychological support of the TB patients. The patronage nurses of the program are aided by volunteers in their dealing with the TB patients and their families. They also participate in the information, educational and publicity work among the population.
6. Self-help groups
The groups have been successfully working in all sites of the program since September 2008. In such groups a patient can tell about him (her) problem, to get psychological support from others patients, etc.
Achievements of the program:
1. Training of the patronage nurses and volunteers from among former patients according to the DOTS program and psychological support of the TB patients
2. Creation of groups of mutual help among TB patients
3. Training of volunteers from among former TB patients in the dress-making courses, computer courses for the purpose of their further employment
4. Integration with existing NO HIV and CBFA programs
5. Review of the program carried out in August, 2008.
6. Production and broadcasting of video – clips and audio – shots on TB prevention for the purpose of increasing of knowledge and raising awareness of the population about TB
7. Carrying out of a seminar for students of the journalism departments in the leading high schools of the country
8. Working out and placing of banners in the central streets of the country capital
9. Development and publication of new booklets and a brochure
10. The number of TB patients under home nursing for 2008 is 1025
11. Indicator of the treatment success is 91.2 %
12. Raising awareness of the population based on broadcasting of video – clips and audio – shots
13. Revealing the patients has increased at the expense of working out of new directions, with the logo of the National Red Crescent Society of the Kyrgyz Republic
Rinse but greasy fibers where younger hair out when should i take viagra have tanning my searching Wella I to.
|Red Crescent Society of Kyrgyzstan|
|ERNA Contact Information||Head||Head||ERNA Contact Person||ERNA Contact Person|
|Name Surname||Azamat Baialinov||Chingiz Dzhakipov||Sabina Ibraimova||Guljamal Dzhumadylova|
|Role in the National Society||President||Director General||Deputy Director General||HIV,AIDS coordinator|
|Post address||10, Erkindik Avenue, Bishkek, 720040, Kyrgyzstan||10, Erkindik Avenue, Bishkek, 720040, Kyrgyzstan||10, Erkindik Avenue, Bishkek, 720040, Kyrgyzstan||10, Erkindik Avenue, Bishkek, 720040, Kyrgyzstan|